Thursday, November 29, 2012

Food Network Recipe

I wanted to try a new recipe for stuffing for Thanksgiving. After hearing the protests of my husband and kids, I decided to make two types. They still wanted my regular, sausage-sage stuffing.

This recipe was from Food Network but I made some changes. We all loved it!

Cornbread Stuffing with Ham and Shrimp

stick of butter
1 lb. ham, chopped
1 onion chopped (small dice)
2 stalks of celery, also small dice
1 green pepper, chopped
1 tsp. tarragon
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of Campbell's Cream of celery soup
1/4 cup chopped parsley
4 cups cornbread stuffing
4 cups of white bread stuffing
(I used Pepperidge Farm)
1 pound of cooked Shrimp, chopped

In a large pot, sautee vegetables in butter until softened, andd spices, chicken broth and soup, then parsley and shrimp. gradually add stuffing until moisened.

Bake at 350, covered with foil,until heated through.

Delicious! It had a slight kick because of the Old Bay.

Photo Courtesy of Food Network:





No comments:

Post a Comment